India is on the verge of a technology revolution and the driving force behind the same is the acceptance and adoption of electronic governance and its benefits. The new technology is a double edge sword, which can be used for destructive as well as constructive work. The Internet recognizes no boundaries; hence the attacker or offender may belong to any part of the world, where the law of the offended country may not be effective. This has strengthened the need for a “Techno-Legal’ solution rather than a pure legal recourse, which is not effective in the electronic era. Thus, India in general and companies, in particular, must take adequate precautions against various threats originating from the use of Information and Communication Technology.
Nowadays in every case or investigation directly or indirectly involve the electronic evidence e.g. Call Data Record, CCTV Footages, Mobile Phone, laptop, email and for that need hash value reports along with 65 b Certificate. With the rapid rise in Cyber Crimes and the vulnerability of data to tampering, the integrity of the whole investigation can be questioned in courts through procedural limitations and related aspects. Thus, it becomes essential to have an unquestionable method of authentication at the disposal of law enforcement and calculation of hash function serves the purpose, efficiently.
- Latest Trends in Cyber Crime & How to tackle it?
- Hands-on Practice on various tools
- Latest Case Scenarios & It’s Analysis
- Hash value Report
- 65B Certificate
- What is the procedure of acquiring the 65B certificate?
- Who will give 65B certificate?
- Why is 65B certificate necessary?
- Who can give hash value reports?
- What’s the SOP for technical investigation?
- What’s the best reasonable practice to collect electronic evidence?
- How to maintain Chain of Custody?
- How to do seizure of the electronic evidence from the crime scene?
- How to do Panchnama?
- How to take FIR of Technical Complaints?
- How to and with whom we can communicate for information?
- How to prepare Questionnaire for FSL?
- How to collect bit-stream images at the crime scene?
- How to seize & store Emails, mobile phones, website, BitCoin and virtual currency, cloud accounts and produce into the courtroom?
WHICH ORGANISATIONS NEED TECHNO LEGAL CERTIFIED EXPERT?
Cyber Crime Investigators are an integral part of Information Security, Incident Response and
Fraud Control departments. These departments are present in most:
· e-Commerce companies
· Law enforcement agencies
· Military/ defense
· Insurance companies
· IT companies
· Government agencies
· Manufacturing companies
· Trading companies
· Law firms
· KPOs and more